Sensen's hospitality offers you an enjoyable and relaxing time.
Our ryokan's bathing area, Sen no Kobore Yu, is one of the largest hot spring baths in the Hokuriku area, and the largest in the Awara hot spring of Fukui Prefecture.
Freshly made dishes are served in the dining area, and our guest rooms with private open-air baths offer you an extraordinary experience. Enjoy a delightful time in Matuya Sensen.
Approx. 46 minutes from JR Kanazawa Station to Matuya Sensen via JR Awaraonsen Station
It takes 37 minutes from JR Kanazawa Station to Awaraonsen Station by Limited Express train.
It takes 10 minutes from JR Awaraonsen Station to Matuya Sensen by free shuttle bus.
Free shuttle bus (Reservation required)
Matuya Sensen makes the perfect base for sightseeing in Hokuriku region.
Learn about the popular sightseeing spots in each area.
Tojinbo is a series of steep cliffs with a height of more than 20 meters. The cliffs are a nationally designated place of scenic beauty and are also a national natural treasure. There are naturally shaped rocks that look like a lion, a candle, and many more interesting shapes, and visitors can enjoy looking at them from a sightseeing boat.
Kenrokuen shows a new and different beauty with each turn of the seasons, and fascinates visitors all year round. Visitors can enjoy cherry blossoms in spring, irises in early summer, autumn leaves in autumn, and yukizuri―placing ropes around the trees to protect them from the snow―in winter. The garden was granted the highest rank of three stars in the Michelin Green Guide Japan.
The charms of Matuya Sensen
- There are English signs in our facilities, and there is English-speaking staff at the front desk. We also receive and respond to inquires in English via email.
(Please note that it may take a couple days to respond.)
We are unable to respond to Chinese (both traditional and simplified) and Korean. Thank you for your understanding.
- About bringing food inside the ryokan
- Please refrain from bringing outside food and drink to the ryokan. There are vending machines with beverages inside the buildings.
- Check-in time
- Check-in 15:00 (Check-in closes 19:00)
Please contact us in advance if you will be arriving after 18:00.
- You can connect to the Internet through free Wi-Fi in the guest rooms, conference room, convention halls, restaurants, lobby, and lounge.
Free Wi-Fi available in all buildings
- About leaving your luggage
- You can leave your luggage at the front desk before and after check-in (excluding valuables).
- Accepted credit cards
- JCB, VISA, Mastercard, American Express, UC, DC, NICOS, UFJ, SAISON
- 2 or 3 days before your stay: 20% of the accommodation fee
- The day before your stay: 20% of the accommodation fee
- The day of your stay, or without prior notice: 50% of the accommodation fee